Saturday, September 8, 2012

EEEK!


EEEK!  The sentiment here is perfect for me today 'cuz I almost got caught stamping when I should have been doing more productive household chores!! Yes, EEK!  I just HAD to play along this week with the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge, PPA142.  I think my fellow stampers can understand what that is like, right?
  

PPA142
I was not alone in the PPA crowd to be inspired to pull out the new SU! Googly Ghouls stamp set for this color scheme. I also used the Spider Web embossing folder from Stampin' Up!, and a Martha Stewart Crafts sentiment on my card. After I stamped my image & sentiment on white, I thought the card was just was a little too "bright" for my taste, so I sponged a bit of Elegant Eggplant all over the card & images, then a little orange sponging on the white, too... then had to curl some corners... I just couldn't stop tweaking it. 

For a better look at the silly googly-eyes, here's a close up.


Well, thankfully, I got my chores done, too, so I'm rewarding myself with this "me time" post.
Hope you had a chance to play a little this weekend, too.  Enjoy & happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! And I love the embossed spiderweb in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and love the angles of the layers and the wonderful spiderweb! Hmmm...housework or paper crafting...I think you did them in the right order!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!