Thursday, September 20, 2012

Get Well Soon!


Well, I'm feeling under the weather, so what did I do?  I made MYSELF a get well card!  Silly, I know, but therapeutic nonetheless.  Reminds me that when I feel better I should make a few of these to have on hand... it will be flu season soon, if we're not already there, right?

Riley & Co also has a challenge going on, so my "Sick Riley" stamp came in handy combining my desire to feel better & post a challenge card.  This is a "scrapling" card, my card is only about 2.25" x 4" in size, using some Stampin' Up! Orchard Harvest DSP scraps.  Since I am "Copic-ally Challenged," my coloring skills are far from superior, I did the next best thing & paper pieced my Riley image.  That means I stamped my image several times on different papers, then hand cut the pieces and reassembled them to create the finished image. 

 I also stamped a woodgrain pattern on the footboard of the bed, and popped up Riley's congested head on a dimensional, maybe you can see that better on this close up...


Time to head back to bed & rest now, just like Riley's doing here...
Take care, friends & don't forget to get your flu shot!

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love all your paper piecing!!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper piecing on this adorable little card is wonderful! Hope you and poor Riley are feeling much better!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!