Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mainspring of Happiness FMS53


Ah, apparently it's "Use Your Scraps" day, and scraps are something I have no shortage of.  Why on earth should I just hoard my favorite patterned papers when if I truly like them, I should just use them and use them a lot??  Lucky for me, this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches is perfect for using my scrap papers.  Here's a look at the fun sketch for this week:

I again used my latest fav DSP, Orchard Harvest. I snipped and curled a few of the edges on the strips of paper and wanted to add a little texture, so added a few Argyle embossed thin strips of Rose Red cardstock.  Oh, yeah, the strip of More Mustard cardstock in the center was stamped with a woodgrain stamp....so I did do a little stamping, other than the sentiment that is. 

Here's a little close up so maybe you can see the details better...

Hope you find time to do a little crafting today!  Enjoy and happy stamping!

10 comments:

  1. This is so pretty -- I love it. I love the fall feel - with the bright colors. Very cheeful and happy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love the DSP you chose to use. The curling of the edges is a perfect little detail. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! I love your distressing details, and the little embossed accents...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful mix of papers and texture. I love the heart with it's little bow. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the snipping and curling! Perfect accents to this fun paper and the overall card colors are wonderful! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use up those scraps! I love the embossed strips too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those curled edges - they look so cool! That little bow is so sweet, too. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did an amazing job with the sketch and the papers are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations...you were chosen as a Perfect Princess at Freshly Made Sketches this week! Thanks again for playing along and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on this sketch...and YUMMY color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!