Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nuts! I forgot!


Oh my, this week I was a bit stressed... Got sick, then got distracted by a bunch of things & I FORGOT to mail a very important card!!!  Darn it!  Well, that at least inspired me to pull out this fun stamp set from Kitchen Sink Stamps.  The Autumn Squirrel and all the sayings are so cute!  Surely this will help grant me a little forgiveness...


The image from this set was "triple stamped."  There are layers of stamps that help create the image (in this case 3 layers).  The first layer is stamped in a light color, then the other layers are stamped in increasingly darker ink colors. Following the color recipes for most KSS sets is pretty easy, and it's also pretty easy to substitute for what you have on hand.  For my squirrel I used SU! River Rock, Soft Suede and Early Espresso inks.  Then I used similar cardstock colors for the rest of my card.  I used an SU! woodgrain stamp and embossing folder as well, and a little twine to embellish the tag & acorn.

Well, better get on my way to keeping on track with everything else that I need to do!
Enjoy your weekend everyone & happy stamping!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this and oh, how I could use this so many times!! The woodgrain embossing is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!