Saturday, September 29, 2012

Reflected Statement - You've gotta try this technique!


So many crafty ideas and techniques to try this week, I'm not sure I'll get them all finished over the weekend along with the rest of my household chores, but I'll check one off this morning.  Here's a card I just finished showing off the fun & easy "Reflective Statement" technique shared this week at Make It Monday for Paper Trey Ink.  I've taken a close up so you can better see what this is referring to...


  Check out the video on the site for instructions on this technique.   It's really quite simple... stamp your phrase on your cardstock, then stamp it again (or in my case stamp just the word you want to highlight again) on a piece of clear acetate (a/k/a window sheet).  Then flip the acetate over lining it up directly under the other word and press it down to "stamp the word" below the phrase, creating a word reflection below...  Easy & fun!

I chose to stamp my reflected statement in a lighter color (PTI Aqua Mist) than the original dark blue ink (SU! Not Quite Navy), as I thought it made it look even more "other worldly" for a spacey effect to my Rocket Ship card.

The stamp set I used here is from Paper Trey Ink, Boy Basics "Out of this World."  I paper pieced a few silver elements on my rocket ship before I realized I could also add some silver accents with Stampin' Up's Platinum shimmer paint, but at least I remembered that for the top of the ship!

Well, gotta get movin' on... or else my chores will last to infinity and beyond!!!

Have to add a new photo of my craft buddy... He's been so happy playing with a "forgotten" squeaky toy today... Love to see the dog smile on his face!


Happy Weekend everyone!

6 comments:

  1. this is beautiful - love the dark blue & orange together - great job on the reflection - I like that you used a lighter shade of ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great application of this week's technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, what a perfect card for a little boy! Great idea using a lighter color for the reflective sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card!! I love blue and orange together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a cool effect and perfect for this 'out of this world' card!

    Your crafting buddy looks quite pleased with himself! So sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!