Monday, September 10, 2012

Vintage Saint Nick


I struggle with finding "my style" of stamping.  For example, I'm often torn between making "old-tyme-y," vintage look Christmas cards and clean, modern cards.  In my indecision, I just make a variety and keep experimenting.  How about you?  What's your style, and how did you find it?

For my latest take on a vintage Christmas card, I found this very cool stamp from Stampendous, Saint Nick.  The image is fairly large, so it's easy to stamp and use as the focal point for a card. For the card above, I stamped my image in SU!'s Always Artichoke (dark green) ink, and then cut it out with a Labels Framelits shape.  I sponged the paper and edges to give the paper an aged appearance. 

The sentiment is from SU! Bells & Boughs (a great set for making classic Christmas cards).  I also used SU! background stamp, Netting, on my green layer.  That is my "go-to" background stamp to add texture to an otherwise plain piece of cardstock.

Well, only a few months away to Christmas, so I'll keep plugging along.  I've got another card to share later this week, so check back soon.  What a fun break from Halloween crafts, but I guess I better start working on those, too!  Happy stamping, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! The vintage style is perfect for this Santa! I think I still have some of that ribbon tucked away somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!