Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Christmas Swap


Yep, it's not even Halloween, and already there are Christmas images on the web and in the stores!  It gets earlier every year, and while some can complain, I won't... for me, nothing wrong with feeling a little Christmas spirit a little early this year.

I made this for a Christmas card swap a few weeks ago.  I love the sentiment and while you cannot tell from the photo, I stamped the sentiment in Versamark & heated it with Cherry Cobbler (red) embossing powder to give the sentiment an even more polished look (the stamp is from latest Stampin' Up! holiday catalog).  I only wish I had had enough of the green cardstock (I was low) to re-do my scallop edges as I couldn't get them lined up equally on each side, but then again, a handmade card lends itself to a little bit of asymmetry once in awhile, right? 

Enjoy & happy stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love that rich red color with the fun PP and pop of green, and such a sweet sentiment too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The colors are so festive and I bet that sentiment is even more wonderful in person!! Had to LOL at the green paper! Hadn't even noticed the asymmetrical scallops until you pointed it out!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!