Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So blue... (a sketch challenge should cheer me up!)


Yeah, I'm blue today... both my card and my mood...

Well, at least I can be distracted by this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge #56.
Here's the sketch:

So, why am I blue?  Pretty sure I goofed up my digital camera last night, and still not sure if it's fixable... but I charged up the OLD camcorder that has a photo shooting option, so here ya go!  It's the best pic I can take for now...A CAS sketch was in need, too, so glad to find this one. 

I'm having some friends over to make some cards and sure enough, one person expressed interest in "funky trees" and "blue" as two choices for the style & vibe for what they were interested in making.  Lucky me, I have big supply of blue cardstock, and the retired Stampin' Up! Patterned Pines set seems to fit the bill for a non-traditional looking Christmas tree.  Plus I'm always on lookout for ways to use my leftover tinsel garland string - hooray!  Silver, white & blue & funky Christmas trees it is!

Happy stamping everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your camera. :( I love mine and would be very upset too. I hope it IS fixable and your mood improves. Hugs. Thanks for sharing this lovely blue card and playing along with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad that you are blue but the blue does look fabulous on this card! The tinsel, the cool trees...all work perfectly! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it awful how we allow inanimate things to affect our mood? I know when my computer was down I was one crabby momma! Hopefully you can get it resolved! Anyway, I love this card...this is one of my favorite stamp sets; I love blue; and I love things in threes! So glad you shared it with us using the MM sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty Christmas card. I love the silver fringe - that's such a great detail! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Christmas card- I really like how you added the little snowflakes as an embellishment. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mood may have been blue, but your blue card is gorgeous! The embossing, tinsel, and snowflakes add such wonderful texture. Here's hoping your mood has changed to a sunny yellow!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!