Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wishing You Joy... Make It Monday #90


This week's Make It Monday challenge at Papertrey Ink was to showcase diecut letters.  I had these precut words from Stampin' Up! in my craft stash for some time.  It is so nice to use things that have been waiting to fulfill their craft destiny... 

 I followed the video pretty closely in my example, at least as far as using the word as the focal point and the smaller sentiments around the word. The images and sentiments are from the Peaceful Pinecones stamp. 

Card making confession time... 
Since I struggle with getting things straight, I created the little banners for the smaller sentiment words on the front of the card.  They cover up my crooked attempts from stamping directly on the paper... I just wasn't patient enough today to do otherwise.

The rest of my pine boughs and pinecones were stamped in Stampin' Up's Baja Breeze and Early Espresso inks using the Peaceful Pinecones set.  I popped up a couple of pinecones with dimensionals.  My mini stapler had some "issues" so I added a little twine bow to cover up some stapler boo boos... but isn't that what embellishments are for?

Hope you have a chance to play this weekend.  Happy stamping everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful and I love the idea of using die cut letters as the focal point!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!