Monday, December 24, 2012

Handmade Gifts are Best...


Okay, I'm biased on this subject, but I love making handmade gifts for birthdays and Christmas, so thought I'd share a photo of one of my favorite creations today.  This is a fun project for Valentines Day, too.

An unfinished wood frame was decorated by adding some scrapbook paper to the frame with decoupage.  I sanded the edges and just added a few details. I also handmade the paper flowers by crimping the paper then punching the shapes and curling the edges and adhering together.  I cannot find the original tutorial right now, but found this fun Pinterest page you may like to see to find a flower you may like to make. 



I typed the sentiment and printed it on vellum and layered it on a punched piece of coordinating paper.  My lace ribbon was my final touch that made it easy to safety pin my sentiment on the front.  I sent the frame with another sentiment just in case my friend wanted to change out the photo or thought the saying was too cheesy.  I packaged it securely in a TON of bubble wrap and I'm pleased to say it travelled overseas intact!

A very Merry Christmas to my friends in blogland.
Take care and happy crafting! 

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful and I know they will LOVE it! Merry Christmas :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I agree that hand made gifts are so special!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!