Saturday, January 19, 2013

Make It Monday #100 - Over Size Me!


This week the Make It Monday Challenge is a milestone, #100, so I'm sure this challenge will draw a lot of attention!  This challenge was a good one for me as it let me do the one thing I often avoid, creating a card with an element that expands past the size of the front and with more bulk than usually fits in a regular A2 size envelope.  I love embellishments, and I have a great stash of them, but too often they go unused (sorry, my little button stash, for ignoring you far too long!).

 I chose a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Heart Prints Sentiments, and PTI Happy Spots paper for my Dark Chocolate (PTI) and pink (SU! Blushing Bride) card.  The sentiment I selected especially for the addition of the cute little trinket key.  I attached the little key by piercing a couple holes in the top layer heart and tied it securely with some floss, hiding most of the thread on the back side of the heart.


I decorated my over sized envelope that can accommodate my card by simply stamping a little flourish in coordinating Blushing Bride ink.

This was a fun paper craft challenge.  Hope you have a chance to play, too!  Have a great weekend.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I love the chocolate and pink combination and there is so much fabulous texture on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always make my day! Thanks so much for the kind comment!

      Delete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!