Saturday, February 16, 2013

Felt Favorites


I'm in love with felt.  Okay, maybe that's too strong a word, but I really do love working with felt on my cards.  Using sets of alphabet  & number Die-namics from My Favorite Things with some of their felt I made some fun to touch cards this year.  I made more than 15 unique cards for my office charity sale for Valentines Day and was pleased that they sold out.  The felt cards included in the sale were definitely some of my favorites.  

On top of the fun with the felt, I used these little flat, kraft bags my sister had sent me.  She wondered what I'd use them for, so I'm glad to share with her now how they made fun little pockets for an extra greeting on my the front of my Valentines.


The sentiments, paper, and stamps come from a variety of companies, including My Minds Eye, Papertrey Ink, My Favorite Things and Stampin' Up!.



I cut tags out of vanilla cardstock and included a simple greeting that could be kept as a little bookmark, or replaced with a more personal message.  For the Felt 14 card, I decorated the heart on the tag with some Freckled Fawn washi tape that seemed to match the color scheme for the card.  


The last felt card I'll share today has just a small felt heart as an embellishment.   I used an itty bitty clear button from Stampin' Up and sewed it on top of my felt heart.  I'm not very good at sewing, so this was a nice way for me to get a little sewn detail onto the card.  The sentiment is from My Favorite Things, You Make My Day. 


Hope everyone had a fun Valentines day!  Thanks for stopping by & Happy Stamping!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!