Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Harlequins CAS




I just couldn't sleep well last night and I think it's because my desire to try & recreate a clean and simple card like Cristina Kowalczyk's cards was just bugging me to death.  So, I selected a new inspiring CAS card she made & tried again.  

Here is the inspiration card:

To make it easier for me to recreate, I selected one color and a set I had that could make lining things up easy.  Thankfully, Paper Trey Ink's Happy Harlequin stamp set fit my needs perfectly.  

I lined up the harlequins on a lined acrylic block & stamped them  in Fine Linen ink.  The sentiment was stamped in Dark Chocolate ink (Birthday Basics sentiment used here). A bit of Fine Linen saddle stitch ribbon covers where I stopped stamping, but I was even pretty cautious to mask the top half of my white cardstock to keep it from getting messy.

This is my second project to help celebrate PTI's 6th year anniversary.
Check out my crooked CAS sample in my last post to see where I was coming from in my fit of insomnia.  Which looks better to you?  Don't tell me!  I won't be able to sleep again!  :)  Whew.  Now maybe I can get some sleep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!