Tuesday, February 12, 2013

His & Hers


I'm continuing a "love card" theme with my post today.  

This sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s set, From My Heart, is perfect for my Valentine.  
I put this card together quickly by simply layering punch shapes on top of my patterned paper (some retired SU! DSP).  The paper was just a little too girlie for my hubby, so I made another card using the same sentiment, but with a little more masculine style...


I created a tag out of Very Vanilla cardstock and stamped it using the collage like stamp from Stampin' Up! set Postage Due in Sahara Sand ink.  I sponged the edges a bit for a slightly aged appearance.  I stamped the sentiment in Classic Black ink on vellum then stapled it on top of the tag.  Staples seem like a macho embellishment to me, but I couldn't resist using some natural ribbon & a little standard kitchen twine, too.  No bows, of course, no, that would not be manly!  

Were you inspired to make a special card for the man in your life this Valentines day?  Hope he likes it and appreciates the effort you put into it, if you did.  Happy stamping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!