Monday, February 25, 2013

Marvelous Monograms - Personalized Coffee Sleeve


Blog-hop-logo
Papertrey Ink's February Blog Hop is all about Monograms.
I've been having so much fun playing with felt this year, that I decided my choice monogrammed project had to be made of the fuzzy stuff.  So, I created a coffee sleeve and a coordinating mini-card for a useful and personalized gift.  To create my sleeve, I simply used a paper coffee sleeve as my template and cut my strip of felt in approximately the same shape.


Since I'm not entirely certain if the coffee sleeve would be used for just one size of cup, my sleeve is a bit longer than the paper one from a local coffee shop.  It's easy to adjust the size with the flexible felt fabric and a couple well placed velcro tabs.


I die cut kraft colored felt with some Nestabilities circles and red felt with an alphabet die.  Using some embroidery floss I blanket stitched  the top circle to coordinate with my Chocolate colored felt.  I pulled out my felting needle to attach the initial to the circle and to secure the layered circles on my sleeve (in the photo above you can see the Kraft felt coming through the other side of the sleeve where it's been felted). Since the felting needle left visible marks on the monogram, I just fuzzed up the top of the "k" to hide the tiny needle pricks.  


In true Papertrey Ink fashion, a gift like this is not complete without a decorative card to go with it.  
For my mini-card (it's about 2.5" square), I pulled out two PTI sets that I bet are not often used together, On the Farm and Tea for Two.  Since the sleeve could be used for any kind of hot beverage, I used the sentiment from the Tea for Two set that is suitable for any kind of drink.


I'll admit now that this particular sleeve is a gift for ME!
I cannot wait to use & re-use it... I'll let you know how my handiwork holds up after a few uses.


Happy Monogram Crafting, everyone!  Enjoy the Blog Hop!


23 comments:

  1. What a great idea Katherine. Love it. The stitching is so cute around the circle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katherine, this is gorgeous. I love the step by step instructions and will get round to CASING this very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Katherine, but the comment above was from me - I had my husband's blog open. Sadly, he's not a crafter and wouldn't know what CASING is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine you outdid yourself with this beautiful project! Love the felt monogram. Beautiful stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in love with the coffee sleeve embellishment! I have made these sleeves before, but they didn't look like this! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect for a coffee lover - no one has an excuse to take your coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! What a great project for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so doing one for myself! Great idea, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a super project, and such a nice little gift. I especially like your mini card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How darling is that?! I just love this! Thanks so much for the great inspiration; I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just a PERFECT gift for YOU! LOVE the felt and how warm and fuzzy you will feel when you use it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this idea! Great way to use felt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your beverage sleeve is so adorable! You're so clever to make it adjustable and all! Love that sweet little card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a sucker for all things coffee, love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And like you, the projects needs a card, my project needed a wine bottle :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute! Great job on this coffee cozy, too! I love the blanket stitching!( for some reason, I always have to ask myself "Now how do you start a blanket stitch again? Thank goodness for youtube! LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just might borrow this idea - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an awesome idea! I know three people I will be making them for right now! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cool idea and excellent way to use a monogram. I love your stitching and colors. The card is really awesome too. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cool idea! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!