Friday, February 15, 2013

Merry Monday #49


So I told myself around New Year's that I'd try to commit to Merry Mondays so I wouldn't face the end of the year short on holiday cards... and what happens?  It's mid-February, and I'm finally making good on my card resolution.  Whew.  Well, in my defense, I did a LOT of Valentines all through January and early February, so, I was just distracted.  Now time to get down to business as well as support my other craft friends who are challenging themselves to get a jump start on their holiday stash.

This week it was a sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch:

I had a leftover label from last season's Stampin' Up holiday catalog so I simply stamped my sentiment from More Merry Messages,  on the label for my focal point.    Freshened up last year's label with a little honeycomb embossing on the red layer and some hexagon DSP from a new set of papers.  

My favorite part was to stamp & cut a small ornament from Ornament Keepsakes for my simple embellishment and just drew a line & tiny bow with my red marker to fit in with the rest of the decorations on the label (the rest were pre-printed, so easy, peasy).


One down, many more to go.  Happy Stamping everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful! I was just thinking about this little pad of papers from SU the other day, and thinking I need to USE some of them! A great way to to interpret the sketch, especially with your popped-up ornament added on!!! Thanks for playing with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Katherine! I love how you've used the label and added the hanging ornament! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you created your card with the different design elements and made such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you playing along, better late than never Katherine!!! One for your Christmas card stash completed!! Yippee!! I think this label is a great idea, it looks very pretty with the embossed background piece. Wonderful card!! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card Katherine, what a wonderful mix of papers and that ornament is fantastic. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea to use the label, Katherine. The extra ornament is cute. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!