Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Merry Monday #51


This week the Merry Monday Christmas Card challenge has a twist, Tic Tac Toe.  You select your own challenge by choosing three elements from the game board either diagonally, across, or up/down.



I decided to go with the combo, Ribbon, Cute & Designer Paper, for my Penguin Christmas card this week:


The penguin and sentiment on my card are from Stampin' Up's set Polar Party.
  
I love this Festival of Prints stack of Stampin' Up! DSP from last season, so it was easy to find some paper I wanted to use for my project.  I did a little hand stitching on my banner in a light blue thread.  I've been so wanting to add more stitching to my cards, but I'm sewing challenged.  Just a few pierced holes was enough for me to try.  The tiny bit I stitched at least gave me some sewing practice.  My ribbons are both old and new.  Some retired SU! quilted satin ribbon and some new Island Indigo satin ribbon from this year's Sale-a-Bration. 

I stamped my little penguin twice in Basic Black ink, once on my vanilla cardstock and another time on a scrap of striped DSP so I could paper piece his hat for a more festive look.  There's a wee bit of light blue stripes on his scarf, too, but it's hard to see unless you look very closely...


It's another snowy day here, so this again was a great time to work on a holiday card.
Check out our wintry scene here today:


Hope wherever you are, you are warm and dry!
Happy stamping, everyone.

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card, love the layered ribbon trim. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- love the cute penguin and that hand stitching! Beautiful snow picture too, I am currently melting here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet card! So perfect to go with the beautiful snowy scene! Thanks, Katherine, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your card, Katherine. Great colour combo and the ribbons are a great finishing touch. It is such a cute image! Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable! I love the penguin. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card Katherine, the little penguin is so adorable. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors and patterns and the stitching on the banner is such a nice homespun touch too!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!