Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Simple Washi Tape Masculine Card


Inspired by Paper Trey Ink's 2013 Design Team anniversary cards this week, I had every intention of being very "neat" and tidy trying to recreate something that looked vaguely like the very attractive CAS cards Cristina Kowalczyk showcased here:  


But, sadly... I'm just not that neat, or very good at getting things super straight.  So my Recollections washi tape and some scraps came in handy, and I took an oval punch to my sentiment so I didn't have to get fussy over getting that straight on the card either.  Shortcuts, gotta love 'em!

If I cannot be neat, then I thought the next best thing was to tear and crinkle, and if I could not be on center, then off center and horizontal worked fine too.  I guess I'll just need to get more practiced with my ruler & some light pencil lines.  Lesson learned.  Oh well, in the end it ended up an okay masculine card. The sentiment is from PTI Birthday Basics and my little red lines under the sentiment are from Sew Simple Borders.

Back to my crooked, crafty mess now... I'll try and post an "after" pic, since my card is definitely a "before!" Anyway, have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Terrific Birthday card Katherine! Lovin' all the washi tape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the way your tape looks Katherine! So pretty in red and black!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!