Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hanging by a thread...


I've been really wanting to sew on my cards, but since I don't own a sewing machine, that means it's handstitch city!  Luckily a paper piercer and Stampin' Up! shaped piercing guides come in really handy for me... those tools and a bit of patience, of course.  I stitched with regular thread.  Parts that didn't end up perfectly stitched are hidden by my little banner & button (embellishments to the rescue!).  

The stamp set I used is an Itty Bitty stamp from Unity Stamp Company.  I colored the spools with some Copic markers that matched closely to some cardstock I had on hand.


I hand delivered my card to a friend who's been having a rough week, and included some Re-Smile pages on the inside so she can recycle/reuse the card to anyone she may be able to lend support to in the future.
Have a great day, everyone...happy stamping, or sewing, or doing whatever you love!

1 comment:

  1. This is 'sew' wonderful! Sorry...could not resist!
    Your stitching looks great and I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!