Sunday, March 24, 2013

Make It Monday #108 - Inked Backgrounds

I went with a bright and bold birthday card for this week's Make It Monday - Inked Backgrounds challenge:


Wonderful Words Birthday stamp and coordinating die from Papertrey Ink used here on some retired SU! paper.  I love the Presto Patterns Specialty Paper Stampin' Up! had a couple years ago, so it's amazing that I found this piece I've been hoarding.  It was easy to ink up the paper that lets the check pattern show through - no embossing required.  I inked up the paper with some Adirondack alcohol inks and found some scraps of cardstock that seemed to match for my diecut birthday words.  I think the colors are Raspberry Ripple, Tempting Turquoise and More Mustard (all SU!), but with a crazy mess of unlabeled random scraps, that's really just a guess!

I added a strip of Raspberry stitched satin ribbon on the left side as my scrap of Presto Patterns paper was a little odd sized for an A2 size card - that's what embellishments are for, right?  And to share a simple trick about the little twine bow, in order to add it securely without glue, I took some twine and stapled it to the mini-banner.  When you staple the twine, leave an even amount of twine on either side of your staple, for a super easy way to tie a little twine bow where every you need it, using very little material.

Hope you have a chance to play this week. Enjoy & happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Great paper find! I've got lots of those I'm hoarding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of this card are so happy and fun. Love the layers of the word birthday and I really appreciate your bow tying trick! I've got to try that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came to peek at your blog, and WOW, the first thing I see is this awesome card!!! Now my wish is that SU will come out with a new Speciality paper in the new catty so I can duplicate your card. I have really enjoyed looking at your projects Katherine -- you are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! Love the blending of colors! I missed out on that paper because at the time I couldn't visualize a way to use it!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!