Friday, March 15, 2013

Merry Monday #53 - Sketch Challenge


It's a sketch challenge this week over at Merry Monday.

Here is the sketch:
I kept my card pretty simple and true to the sketch (well, except replacing the star with an embellished snowflake).  I used Stampin' Up! set, Bells & Boughs, and some retired DSP that coordinated with this set a couple years ago.  I've been hoarding the paper as I love it, cannot even stand to cut some of the 12x12 at all, so this is a rare scrap for me to actually glue down!  

I struggled with coloring the holly, but I'm getting better (I pulled out a couple new Copic markers for this, although I've not yet mastered the skills of shading and have a limited color palette).  No sentiment outside, but the "Deck the Halls" sentiment from SU! Merry & Type set goes so well, so that was added to the inside... (will need to photo that part later!).

Edited to include image of inside of card... Fa la la la la...



Have fun playing along this week if you can!  The weekend is still young!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this....always a timeless image and with the musical background it becomes a work of art! Thanks for participating with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is lovely - I love the holly teamed with the music background! thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job on coloring the holly, Katherine! Love the music background and the snowflake too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, I love the colours and papers you used. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!