Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Merry Monday #54 - Snowmen Theme

It's a theme challenge this week over at Merry Monday.

Here's my shaker card with this theme for the week:


This is definitely the time to try one of these cards that takes just a little extra time to assemble.  I was much more at ease trying this now than when I'm in my crafting madness around the holidays.  My patience was better, and what a fitting project for the last day of winter today.

I used some spring products from Stampin' Up! on my card, including Sycamore Street Sale-a-Bration DSP and the tag was cut from the Sent with Love bundle.  I stamped my snowman from the set Tags til Christmas, and embossed one side with the Northern Flurries embossing folder.  The colors are fresh and bright, much like Lesley's inspiration card.  I used Island Indigo, Calypso Coral and Baja Breeze...the combination sounds like a tropical vacation for my snowman!

Of course I still got annoyed by the static that my little mica flakes have... try as hard as you can, at least one flake will stick somewhere you don't want it to be when you go to take a photo... oh well, my snowman will forgive me!


OH, and LOOK WHO IS 4 YEARS OLD TODAY...
Happy birthday, to my canine craft buddy!


Enjoy the challenge this week! Happy stamping!



7 comments:

  1. I have never made a shaker card before, it is perfect for the snowman theme Katherine. Your pup is adorable, happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a fun creation! Very clever...you're right, they are a little time-consuming, but it is well worth it! Thanks for playing with us this week...this is definitely an eye-catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful shaker card Katherine, I love the fabulous papers and colours. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this shaker card, Katherine! The flakes look just right to me! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous card - I needed to do exactly what you did with this stamp! It looks perfect as a shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable snowman card, Katherine! Love the colors, papers and your cute snowman image! Your pup looks like a very happy dog! Happy Birthday to him!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the nontraditional colors and papers on this! Very pretty!

    Give your sweet baby a birthday hug from Shadow and me!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!