Sunday, March 31, 2013

Merry Monday #55 - Tic Tac Toe

It's another choose your challenge week at Merry Monday!


I chose a simple One Layer Red Santa for my card this week... It was quick & fun to make a shaped card using a Stampin' Up Framelits die and Vintage Santa image from Stampendous.  Check it out...


I could easily see me making more of these.  Simple to stamp the image in Cherry Cobbler on some Naturals Ivory cardstock that was cut lengthwise for my A2 size card so the fold was at the top of the card.  I placed the framelit die on top of the folded card making sure the top of the card was not cut to keep it all in one piece.  The die I chose was a bit larger than the card and left some odd edges, but that was quickly fixed with some scissors and sanding.

Here's a look at the card before I added the seam binding ribbon bow so you can better see where the top part was not cut and keeps the folded edge intact...



Enjoy the challenge if you have time today... oh, and Happy Easter, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous....ooooh, I just LOVE vintage Santas and you've created a fabulous card with this image! LOVE it! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Merry Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this shaped card! Thanks for the explanation on how you did it! I love how the pretty bow hides the flat top edge! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous image, love the shape of your card. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great design! I really need to do more shaped cards...

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!