Tuesday, April 23, 2013

My Paper Pumpkin - Alterations


Sharing a couple cards I made using kits from Stampin' Up!'s  My Paper Pumpkin. 

Pre-designed card kits can be fun, but I'm really bad at following any type of directions to the letter (call it creative rebellion, if you will).   Sometimes I think I just want to hoard the fun stickers or embellishments for other projects... and sometimes it may just be because what shows up in the kit begs to use something else I have on hand.  The card above just begged me to use this cute little boot eyelet from the Eyelet Outlet.  The funky sentiment is not one I'd use for anyone I know, but the 'booty' boot was a fun pun to play with.

The card below uses some of the pieces from my first month's kit, just the card base & patterned paper layer.   I used Jenni Bowlin Designs stamp & Papertrey Ink sentiment for a super simple any occasion card...


Have fun playing with your card kits!  I cannot wait to see what you come up with this month.  Happy stamping, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. These are terrific! Both of my kits are still sitting in the box. I haven't decided if I'm keeping them or using them as gifts... The second kit is really calling my name!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!