Friday, June 28, 2013

(Old) Friends with Flair


I love the Unity set, Consider Yourself Vintage that I paired and layered with a Stampin' Up  Basic Label singles frame & matching die.  When I was showing off my creation here at home I was surprised to hear my husband say he thought the sentiment was harsh and not funny, so quick note to self, I'll NOT be making him a card like this!   Good to know, good to know...

I used some Core'dinations cardstock that I embossed and sanded on my bottom layer.  Sanding that stuff is fun, but beware of lots of colorful dust, so I'd not suggest wearing white when doing that...
Happy Friday, Friends, both old & new.  Have a terrific weekend!



13 comments:

  1. Love the vintage feel to the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a great card like the botton pattern and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this card would be a hoot to give!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great vintage masculine card, Katherine. I love what you've done with the top panel and the sanded embossing is fabulous. I like the color combo as well! Okay, I like it all. Also, enjoying your sweet crafting buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card. The sentiment is just perfect for a male card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love the sentiment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card I think its a cute sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it IS funny. I really like this with the embossing and the nice colors here too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always liked this stamp. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the colors on this beauty!!! The embossed background highlights that image perfectly :) I think the sentiment is fun, but I agree with you...not a card for your hubby ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this could be quite fun for the right person! I love the gears!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!