Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Christmas in July!


It's been awhile since I played with the Merry Monday Challenge, but July seems like a great time to jump back in.  I'm always inspired when I stop by Wee Inklings, Leanne Pugliese's blog, and she gave me an "a-ha!" moment when I saw her card that simply altered some My Minds Eye patterned paper.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the challenge... here it is...


I stamped. I pierced. I die cut.  Then I added a little twine!  
It's very subtle, I know, but I think that's what I love about a fun, patterned holiday paper that already has most of what you'd want to see on the card front, all you have to do is a little embellishing.

The die cut numbers were adhered on top of the subtly stamped dotted frame (a retired Stampin' Up image), then I pierced a circle around the numbers, like an implied wreath.  The twine is threaded through the top of a couple of the pierced holes then tied into a ribbon.  Oh yeah, easy peasy!

And just to celebrate the whole "Christmas in July" moment, I had to take a photo of the card on the deck tonight next to my summer flowers.  I think I'll like reviewing this post closer to the holiday and remembering the evening when I was on the deck, on a hot & humid night, getting bitten by mosquitoes while taking photos of my Christmas card!

UPDATE:  I found another fun Christmas Challenge site at Crafty Hazelnut, Thank You, Hazel for tipping me off to your site & challenge blog!


Have a great day, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. I love this! I would never have thought to use the book/newsprint paper as the main background, but the stamping and paper piercing look fantastic on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card Katherine, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! I really like how you used the newsprint for the background too...it just all comes together perfectly! Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful technique, Katherine! LeAnne is such an inspiration! I love that Santa and the piercing with the 25 in it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your lovely Christmas card on Always playing with paper Merry Monday - you might also like to enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for July – hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!