Friday, July 12, 2013

Live in the Sunshine - Color Throwdown #250

Color challenges can be tons of fun when you really love the colors, and that's what I thought when I saw the Color Throwdown Challenge this week.

Color Throwdown 250

Here's my card for the challenge:
I used some retired Stampin' Up! patterned paper combined with Bermuda Bay cardstock I stamped to add a little sunny-like pattern (although the sunny circles are actually cogs from the Clockworks stamp set).  

Tiny imperfections on my stamping that I did on the Bermuda cardstock I hid with stamped cogs that were punched with a small circle then positioned on top of my "boo-boo's" on the Bermuda Bay sections of the slanting sunburst pattern.  I am surprisingly pleased with the effect of my unintended embellishments. 

I placed the slant cut scraps on a background of sandy Crumb Cake and added a little Crumb Cake & Bermuda Bay ribbon, 'cuz a card just isn't finished without a little extra ribbon embellishment (right?).  The cheerful sentiment is from SU! Pursuit of Happiness set.  

Have a sunny, summery weekend, everyone!



4 comments:

  1. How perfect to use the sunburst design on a sunny card! This is wonderful and I love your boo boo covers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous use of the colors. The papers look like sun rays to me, and work perfectly with your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sunray design! Great use of the colors. Thanks for joining us for the CTD's anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great design...the papers are really pretty and I love the sentiment!!! Thanks for helping us celebrate the Color Throwdown's 5th Anniversary!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!