Saturday, July 20, 2013

MFT Girl goes MTB! - Color Throwdown #251, Marker Pop #27


It's another Color Throwdown that I wanted to play with this week... I really love the bright, summery feel to these colors and had more ideas than talent to achieve them, but this is what I ended up with...


What I thought this stamp really needed was some tread on those tires, so I created some knobby mountain bike like tires with my black marker.   I tried for some light reddish brown hair for the Marker Pop hair challenge, but as such a Copic marker novice, I'm just happy it didn't turn out looking drab & still looks good with the color challenge.  I need to get some yellow red color markers to make it more true to the red that runs on the family.

Maybe you can see the details better in this close up... 


I'm new at coloring these line stamps, but enjoyed trying to get this chick to look like she had gotten a little dirty and sweaty riding off road trails (like I like to do!).  I also loved trying to distress her jeans.  I made her t-shirt into a ringer-t to get some of that Kiwi Kiss green added to match her hair bands.

Need some mountain biking tips?  Here's a couple links to some great information on how to perfect that wheelie & ride corners well off road!  I'm off to do my own joy riding, while my paper crafting dog practices his paper distressing (he's very good at paper tearing and luckily knows what is considered paper suitable for dog use, so far at least!).

Have a great weekend, everyone.  


3 comments:

  1. Super sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for entering your fun card in the MarkerPOP challenge! :) love your nubby tires!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable! She looks like she is having a grand time on that bike!!

    That is one handsome paper distresser you have there too! He is so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!