Monday, August 26, 2013

Be Inspired - TAWS 35



Playing along with the TAWS challenge for the first time.  
Inspiration challenges are... challenging for me.  I look for something specific about the inspiration photo that catches my eye and that usually sets the wheels in motion for a project.  For this challenge photo, I couldn't take my eyes off that bold black and white calendar.  But what in the world could I make that had such bold numbers?  No one I know is celebrating a specifc year of birth or anniversary?  A quick look at the few The Alley Way Stamps in my possession, and no way I could ignore it.... yep, it's time to make a Halloween card!  Here's what I came up with:


After I established the bold black & white "31" was the key to my project I decided to just try and mirror the basic layout of the photo for the rest.  A somewhat "literal" translation of the inspiration photo was a challenge in its own way.  

I added bit of white space, a black stripe (somewhat like where the boots are sitting in the photo), and some stamped stripes mimicking the lines on the floor.  Just a few spooky, cute images from the Bumps in the Night stamp set on front, with the funniest phrase I've seen for Halloween hiding on the inside of the card...


Bwa ha ha ha ha!
I love these funny stamps.  I told myself last year that I had "enough" Halloween stamps in my possession.  Yeah right.  As soon as I saw this one I had to have it!  Thanks for the inspiration TAWS challenge team!

1 comment:

  1. Ack! I love this! The headstone and the scary eyes really say "Halloween" to me! Thanks for joining the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!