Friday, August 30, 2013

Sad Santa... Merry Monday #72


Playing along with Merry Monday again.  It's just too hot outside, so why not try to think of cool weather and make a dent in your Christmas card stash!?

For my card I chose to turn the sketch on it's side.  The Santa Claus image from the new My Minds Eye Vintage Christmas paper pack was SO very serious I had to lighten him up a bit and best way to do that was to add the funny sentiment stamp from Unity Stamp Company.  I stamped some holly from Stampin Up! set, Bells & Boughs, and added a little twine and tiny jingle bell for a little something something...

Here's the sketch by the way...

Stay cool and keep on crafting.
Have a terrific weekend!

5 comments:

  1. A great Santa image, Katherine! I love the holly peeking out and the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine! Thanks for featuring my Judy Jetson card next week on trendy Tuesday, I will link up to the post on my blog post that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the vintage Santa image paired with the funny sentiment. Great card design too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the sketch! the vintage Santa is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like your traditional holiday card with the vintage Santa!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!