Saturday, October 5, 2013

Celebrate World Card Making Day!


Welcome card makers and bloggers!
I love that our hobby has an official day to celebrate our crafts.  I'm very happy to get a chance to participate in the Operation Write Home blog hop event this year.   The blog hop helps me justify this as a special day set aside for crafting and that I didn't just make that up to get out of cleaning the house!  hee hee hee...


  The theme this year is THANK YOU and the goal was to create a thank you card using a OWH sketch.  OWH has some great sketches to get your paper craft mojo running.  Here is the sketch I chose:



I only wish more of the words from the patterned paper I chose showed up more, they include great words for our troops overseas, like "honest" and "courageous."   Earlier I made an "Any Hero" card to send with my next stack of OWH cards.  You can check it out on my earlier post for that card here.

Please visit the other blogs that are participating and share your appreciation for the many folks working with OWH to make and send cards to the armed forces serving all over the globe.
Enjoy the blog hop, here's another link to head you back to the main site.  Thanks for stopping by!


Card recipe info:  Stampin' Up! stamp sets Yippee Skippee and Off the Grid, SU! DSP (Epic Day This & That and Comfort Cafe), Pool Party, white, vellum (stamped with sentiment and overlayed on the white), Recollections dark craft cardstock, Cuttlebug herringbone embossing folder, brads, twine, and arrow paper clip.

33 comments:

  1. Love the mix of colors, textures and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and the little arrow paper clip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the texture of your card Katherine! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job mixing the colors and patterns. Thanks for your support of OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colors, but I do like the way you did the twine and the paperclip to emphasize the sentiment! Thank you for supporting OWH!!! radloffjen at cableone dot net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always thought that sketch was a little intimidating, but you pulled it off perfectly. Love the color combos and the textures. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the elements of your card, the layers and color combo works so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, Katherine! Love that arrow clip pointing to the sentiment! Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you emphasized those dots down the left and the arrow is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an awesome card and great color combo. I've printed it out for future inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Love all the little details in this card, lots of embelishment, yet still looks CAS. Happy WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice, bold, graphic style in this. The light blue and brown is great together and the details are marvelous. Thanks for joining in the hop today and supporting OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of great details on your awesome card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the brown and blue together! You did a great job with this sketch. I hadn't really noticed it before your card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really great masculine card! I love the colors and patterns you used! Thanks so much for your support of OWH!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the details you put into this card - especially the way your arrow clip points to the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at all of those fun embellishments. Love the arrow and the buttons and twine! Fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These colors are fab. I love how you made the sentiment the star of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card! Love the look of the layered vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really brilliant layout!! Love your design! Thanks for sharing this for World Card Making Day! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great card! I love the distressed look and the textured look!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card. I love that style. The arrow clip is too cute. April

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great color combo and I like that the arrow clip draws your eye to the sentiment/focal point. Thanks for your support of OWH and our Heroes!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this card! The papers, the arrow and the circles with gems/brads! Very nice! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am looking at that sketch in a new light after seeing your card. I really like what you did with it. The extra details really make your card stand out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all the texture and "direction" on your card-- AWESOME thanks, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow! I love all the papers and elements you used

    ReplyDelete
  28. Totally fun! I am totally in love! Tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Love how you used that Off the Grid Stamp. Very cool. Thanks for your support of OWH.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous! I love the little brads! Do we really need an official day to get out of cleaning the house??

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!