Wednesday, November 13, 2013

BE Inspired #41 - Toy Time!

I'm playing with an inspiration challenge over at The Alley Way Stamps.
I had one of those insomnia crazy, crafty nights so I woke up VERY early with crafting on my brain.  UGH!  The mugs in the image made me long for something warm to drink (or eat), but it was way too early to make too much noise in the kitchen... So the colorful polka dots on the white background were my inspiration for my Christmas card I quietly decided to make using my stamps from Toy Land...


I didn't have any white background polka dot paper, but I was truly inspired to create my own!  I took a strip of white cardstock and used my Crop-a-dile to create a swiss cheese pattern of holes as randomly placed as possible.  I adhered bits of colored scraps behind the holes to create my colored polka dots.  Then I ran the entire strip through my Cuttlebug to emboss it which helped secure the colored paper to the hole ridden paper.  The embossing gave it a comforting quilting effect, too.


I paper pieced the little gloved hand to help my elf friend hold a really cute little teddy bear (also from the stamp set).  A little jingle bell was tied to the top of the tag.  I was cursing the folks that made the itty bitty hole I had to use to tie that jingle bell on - at 4am or so, it's really hard!  But I love the bell.  It looks like the classic jingle bell hat topper that my favorite elves wear (ya know, the ones from the stop-motion Rudolph tv special!).

Inspiration strikes me at odd times, but I'm really happy with how this turned out, so I'm glad I woke up to make it!  Enjoy & have a great day!

More card details:  Toy Land stamp set from the Alley Way Stamps, Copic markers used to color the image, Stampin' Up green DSP, ribbon, jingle bell, and cardstocks used, (Early Espresso and Ridinghood Red) and some Papertrey Ink white cardstock for my elf tag.  

4 comments:

  1. Too cute! That's an inventive way to add colored polka dots! And my favorite elf looks so sweet with the teddy bear! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are rocking the cute cards!!! I had to go back and look at the polka dots a second time after reading you made it with scraps! I thought it was DP! You are so awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love how you made the dotted paper.. how you have the elf holding the bear, and the cute little bell.. so sweet..! I am out and about checking out blogs.. thanks for letting me peek at yours, and for trying out for the TAWS DT. :) I will be in touch soon.. HUGS -Ali

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!