Thursday, November 7, 2013

Colour Q #214... Eat Ham!


Playing with the very chic Colour Q challenge this week... there is always a ton of talent displayed with the amazing color collections on this challenge blog.  I am a huge fan of fall color palettes, so I just had to participate!  Here's my silly Thanksgiving card...


I used The Alley Way Stamps set, Give Thanks,  for my card with just a little bit of alteration for my turkey. The turkey feathers were stamped, with the body paper pieced and layered on top.  I masked one of the wings from the stamp then paper pieced his wings with some cajun craze paper.  The wings were altered so the little turkey could hold my hand written bashful blue sign (glued to a flat toothpick).

  I love this turkey as it reminds me of my favorite animators, Nick Park and the Aardman Studios artists who created Wallace & Gromit and the Chicken Run characters (had to mention Chicken Run as that's what this turkey reminds me of most of all!).


I left my holiday sentiment for the inside (the sentiment is also from the Give Thanks stamp set)...


Now I'll have to share that we will be serving turkey at our house this year, so I'm afraid I'll be disappointing my little friend....Shhh!! Don't tell him!  :)
Have a great week!  Happy Crafting!


8 comments:

  1. This really caught my eye in the gallery Katherine - how cute is that stamp and I love the sentiment! Such a fab card...thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is my favorite Thanksgiving sentiment! I love that adorable turkey and how he's got his wing wrapped around the toothpick! Thanks for joining us at colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO adorable! I just love how you did the sentiments too :) eek.. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine,
    I have come over from Stampin' Connection. Your blog and projects are lovely. I am your newest FOLLOWER and hope you will come visit me on my blog and FOLLOW ME if you wish.
    www.creationsbylouise.blogspot.ca

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! I love this little guy (and Wallace & Grommit!) and he is so nattily dressed in his CQC colors! Thanks for playin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable turkey Katherine. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love your turkey and great use of the colours, thanks for joining us at ColourQ, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this just made me smile! I love his little sign!! Wonderfully fun card!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!