Thursday, December 5, 2013

Merry Monday #86 & A Merry Monday Success Story...




The Merry Monday challenge this week is to use a Chalkboard style.
I saw this early in the year and thought it was super cool.  I even wrote more than one Trendy Tuesday article for the Paper Crafters Library about the technique (one for the technique, and one featuring products with this style).  I've gotta tell you I struggle with the genuine technique.  My efforts at "chalking" black cardstock have just looked so messy.  So my next best option- a My Minds Eye Chalk Studio sticker that I stamped and embossed my greeting on!  


And now for my Merry Monday success story...
I have been playing with the Merry Monday challenge on & off all year.  Sometimes I created something in time to post to the challenge, and sometimes I just got a card made after the challenge week passed.  As I sat down after Thanksgiving to review what cards I would still need to make, I was so excited to see I have PLENTY!  Yes, Christmas cards were already prepared for the year, but it's fun to make more just for the fun of it!  This takes so much pressure off and gives me lots of time to complete more handmade gifts.  HOORAY!  Thanks, Lesley!  

Enjoy & have a great weekend!

Nitty gritty card details:  Papertrey Ink sentiment from Happiest of Holidays was embossed in Stampin' Up! craft white ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder on to a My Minds Eye Chalk Studio sticker.  Comfort Cafe SU! DSP, Crumb Cake & Ridinghood Red cardstock used.  Cherry Cobbler bakers twine wound around layers and tied to a couple of craft foam mini-mittens.  One of the little foam hearts adhered near the sentiment.



7 comments:

  1. Very cute card. Love the mittens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Katherine, I am so pleased you found a chalkboard that worked for you. The sentiment is wonderful and the overall card is just perfect. So pleased MM has done it's job and enabled you to make the required number of Christmas cards. Stay with us though!! You can start on next years. :-) Thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card and your success story, Katherine! Merry Monday is a great way to build your stash. I didn't get going until mid-year, but even that has been very helpful! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card Katherine, the mittens are so cute. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty use of the chalkboard technique, Katherine! And I love those sweet little mittens! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday! (It is nice to have those cards all done.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Done with your cards?! I am all different shades of green with envy right now!! I still have more to make!
    Your chalkboard card looks wonderful! I haven't tried this yet, but can see where it won't be as easy as it looks. White never seems to work very well for me...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet and beautiful card love it.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Belated Birthday

Happy Belated Birthday
for all those people I keep missing their big day, I apologize!

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!