Friday, December 20, 2013

Step Aside, Coffee - Last Minute Gift idea!

TGIF!  Unity Friends with Flair day!
Last minute Christmas idea browsing?  It's crunch time, which often means gift cards & quick craft projects around my house.  I love making felt coffee sleeves.  My sleeve is decked out for my gift with a fun tag and little libation from my local grocery store.


The coffee sleeve is very easy to make.  Simply keep one of the disposable cardboard ones you receive at your local coffee shop, unfold it and cut a similar shape from some craft felt.  Adhere some velcro to the ends of the felt for a quick way to adjust the size of the sleeve for different cups.  Decorate as you wish - I used some My Favorite Things felt, MFT & Spellbinders dies, and some embroidery floss for my decorated sleeve.  The tag pulls it all together, too.  Here's a better image of that...

  
As soon as I saw this little stamp from Unity, "Step Aside, Coffee," I knew it had a place in my stash.  Friends and co-workers I know can so appreciate the sentiment, and what a cute simple image!  Oh, and by the way, there's an awesome sale at Unity right now...  

Eat, drink and be merry!  Have a wonderful holiday!

11 comments:

  1. OMGosh this is brilliant. Love this idea and that sentiment is perfect for the tag. Merry Christmas Katherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha--I so LOVE this! so darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! The stamp is a great little special stamp that really pumps up your gift!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUN. I saw this on fb and had to let you know how COOL this is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo fun! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAH!! Love this stamp and tag. Super cute!!

    Merry Christmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! Love the idea! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw this one on FB, Katherine. Super cute gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great coffee sleeve and funny gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable coffee sleeve and what a great gift idea! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Belated Birthday

Happy Belated Birthday
for all those people I keep missing their big day, I apologize!

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!