Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pretty Doily makes for a Pretty Valentine


I'm not a very girlie girl, but I cannot resist playing with doilies on some of my traditional Valentines this year.  I wrote an article about some of the prettiest examplesI've seen on many trendy projects for Paper Crafter's Library this week and just had to create a project of my own to share with you.  

For my card above, I pulled out a pre-made doily.  What I have on hand is just some ones I found at the grocery store that are really intended for food, but on a card, I think that's just fine, too!   The penguin from Purple Onion Designs is super cute... and the new Stampin' Up Word Bubbles dies and matching sentiment set pulled it all together.

I made another version of this card that is just slightly less girlie... No doily and with a blue color scheme.  Not intended, but I guess seeing the two together, I have a his & hers set!  For the blue version I couldn't resist a few sequins...check it out:

Have a very Happy Valentines Day and hope to see your projects posted soon, too!

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh, both cards are adorable! Love that penguin too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are wonderful! Love that you showed how a few adjustments made two very different cards!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!