Friday, September 19, 2014

Cherished Memories


Sharing for Friends with Flair day for Unity Stamp Company.
Made this as a gift.  I loved how it turned out, so while it's not yet sent to its intended, I've enjoyed looking at it.  Love how this Phyllis Harris stamp, Easier with You By My Side,  is so "suitable for framing."  Unity has so many stamps like that- brings out the artist in us all.   Here's a close up...


More details:  I painted a plain wood frame and added a little embellishment to complete my DIY gift.  I masked the image after it was stamped and sponged ink for the sky and ground.  Used a retired SU! sentiment and Copic markers for coloring.

TGIF, friends!

12 comments:

  1. Great Card! and you are right, totally framable..smile... I have not gotten that stamp yet because the idea of trying to color a horse is intimidating, but after seeing your beautifyl work, I might have to give it a try! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You colored the image beautifully! What a gorgeous gift this'll be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling and your giftee will be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a precious little treasure you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Your coloring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! I just ordered all three sets of these because they remind me of my horse and I. We have been together for 29 years! I never thought of doing them in a frame. Thanks for sharing such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Your coloring and sponging looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!