Wednesday, January 28, 2015

ARrggh... Matey... I Love Ya!


The little men in our lives appreciate crafty things, too, so I'm happy to share a boy-themed, love inspired card with the Shopping our Stash Love Theme challenge, SOS 186.   I have been on a Valentine binge all week. This one will go in that stash of cards because I think it's still sweet to say "love ya" without doilies, glitter, hearts or other mushy stuff. 

Grab Our Badge!

Darnell over at NBUS inspired me this year to showcase Never Before Used Schtuff and Shopping our Stash reminds me that I have lots of crafty things that need attention.  It's a Pirate's Life stamp set from My Favorite Things is unfortunately retired now.  I caught it in clearance sale quite some time ago, and it sat neglected in its unopened packaging far too long.  

Also very stash worthy, is shopping my kitchen drawers for embellishments!  Kitchen twine and toothpicks came in handy for this card.  I especially love to show off the little toothpick plank... check it...


The close up gives you a better look of the little sick pirate on the right.  He is intentionally colored a little green... My sister and I are slowly developing our coloring skills so I hope she has a chance to see my latest creation.  I used a variety of Copics (will regret not writing down which ones) and a wave die from MFT to complete my seafaring crew's scenery.


I'm sensing that once I'm satisfied with something I've made, I feel that calming, warm feeling that gets me in a relaxed and happy mood, so I think my insomnia inspired work will be laid to rest tonight as I do catch some Zzzz's... 

Happy Crafting and Sweet Pirate Dreams!

2 comments:

  1. A dude Valentine!! I love it!!! The wee pirates are so cute!!! Thanks for playing along with the Shopping Our Stash crew this week for our "Love Me Do" challenge!!
    He He I have a craft buddy like yours! Mine photobombs me in the backyard when I am trying to take pictures of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! And, um, the guy on the plank WOULD NOT BE SMILING!!!!!!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!