Friday, January 16, 2015

Keep Cozy

Another sketch challenge means another excuse to play with some toys... I feel like such a kid when it comes to my craft supplies... I am surely not the only one who feels that way.  This week's MFT sketch challenge is this:
I started knitting a year or so ago, so I simply HAD to buy Pure Innocence Close Knit stamp as soon as I saw it.  The image pairs well with some of the Cozy Greetings stamps, too.  My evening photo isn't the best (my apologies)... but this card had to get packed up quickly to go in the mail with a couple hand knit gifts for my brother and his wife.

Felt is really cozy too, don't you think? I find my felt supply is too often neglected, so some Steel Grey felt was used for my scallop oval die layer.  I did some tone-on-tone background stamping using Nordic Knits on the top and bottom of the blue panel, but the stamping is pretty hard to see... 
I slightly adjusted the embellishment placement from the sketch.  On top of the banner die from Simon Says Stamp, I added a fussy cut ball of yarn (from a Gina K stamp) on the right side to look like the yarn was from her knitting project.  I am sending a gift that has a blue and grey tweed yarn, so I tried to simulate it with my markers as best I could.  Do you think my brother will notice?  Doubtful...but my crafty happiness is often in the details!  Now, back to playing some more... TGIF!!!

Happy crafting everyone!



3 comments:

  1. What a sweet sweet card! I must get this stamp set, I have a lot of knitters in the family! Thank you for playing along with the MFT Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute. Love the image and the extra little ball of yarn -instead of a heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine - this is such a very cozy card. Perfect for the weather we're having these days.

    Susan R. Opel, Creative Ambassador for My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!