Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Knit Wit

Well, when I'm not making cards, I'm trying to learn how to knit. Okay, I guess I have learned HOW to knit, but getting better at this new hobby is still a work in progress. Much like friendly paper crafters, there are wonderful knitters who share their skills and tutorials. After finding a really nice knitting group at work who got me started, the rest of my skills are coming from You Tube, and the talents of people like Nancy Wynn and Staci at Very Pink.com.

This past Christmas, I made an effort to create a pair of mitts for many members of my extended family for gifts. I started in July or August, and ended up finishing the last pairs in January (yep, some family got IOU's at Christmas!).
I am really proud of these fingerless mitts I made for my sister so I decided I must show them off...


The pattern, Fingerless Gloves "Leaves" by Valentina Georgieva, can be found on Ravelry.

One thing I am slowly learning is that different yarns will behave differently. These were made from Knit Picks Swish worsted yarn, a washable merino wool. They feel nice and soft, but I also fear that there will be quite a bit of stretch to these. SO, I am crossing my fingers that they continue to fit okay with use and wear.

Looking to combine your love of cards and knitting? Then check out this Valentine card idea from Morehouse Farm Merino that adds a knitting project to the card (it even has the free pattern on the post).

Any other paper craft/ yarn-a-holics out there? Oh, I know there are! Enjoy!
Happy Stitching everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how pretty are these! I am so glad you commented on my knitting, so I could come see yours! I am setting you up in my Feedly so I can see all your posts...cards AND knitting! I really love the color of these....but I need ALL my fingers covered up in the cold, LOL! Thanks for popping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These gloves are fabulous--they look quite advanced to me.

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!