Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sending Hugs


It didn't take long for me to realize why I love card challenges.  I love how nice our craft community can be!  Darnell Knauss over at the NBUS Challenge is so sweet.  I had to join another one of her inspired challenges, especially since the latest honors her talent and joy of crafting.

CAS-ology is using her Never Before Used Schtuff for inspiration this week so I am linking my card to that challenge and her latest NBUS #3...  

     



My Never Before Used Schtuff includes breaking out some Scrapbook Adhesives black foam sheet, and the new stamps and coordinating dies from Simon Says Stamp, Better Together.  I actually pre-ordered the stamp set and forgot about it until it arrived in the mail.  It was a fun surprise and even better was finding out it came with not one, but two sentiment dies.  I paired the set with a really cute panda from Unity Stamp Co. Plenty of Pandas.  He's new, too, but have already used a lot (too cute not to stamp him over & over again!).

This was the first time I used my black foam.  I love the added texture and seamless look pairing it with black cardstock.  The only difficulty was setting it just right on my paper using my craft pick.  I am still a novice at taking really good photos of my work, but maybe you can see the dimension a little better on this close up...


Rest of my supplies were Stampin' Up! embossing folder and a Fiskars heart shape hand punch.
Thanks for stopping by.  I've added some links to the new schtuff I used... Have a terrific weekend!
Simon Says Stamp Better Together stamps and dies

 


4 comments:

  1. What a darling card. That panda is so cute, and I love your hearts under the sentiment as well as on the panda. Wonderful dimension at the bottom of your card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sweetest Panda Katherine! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun card Katherine, the red hearts really pop against the black and white. The panda is adorable, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who wouldn't feel hugged getting this adorable card?? Squee!! Your use of black and white throughout (including the mat) is perfect, Katherine, and the heart embossed border is perfect at the bottom! Thank you so much for playing in both the CASology and NBUS challenges!! Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!