Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tangled in the Lasso of Truth

NEWS FLASH:  Aging Superhero Caught in Her Own Lasso of Truth!


 Although I'm usually more of a Marvel Comics fan, I just cannot resist this terrific stamp set, Diana Girl, from Unity Stamp Co. with that striking resemblance to the iconic DC Comics heroine.  Combined with a sentiment from USC's Gossip, Hot Flashes & Crazy, it makes a perfectly snarky card that I just MUST add to this fun challenge over at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers, SOSS 26.



I just discovered the sisterhood from browsing Unity's Friends with Flair projects this week.  They are a funny group of craftistas who proudly strut their snarky stuff.  Thank you blogsters and commenters for leading me to find their blog.  I laughed out loud at so many of the posts and projects, I immediately set to join in their latest challenge.

It's Snarker's Choice, so I selected Challenge #18 from 2014, I is for Iconic, as my main theme.  


 When I was inspired to add her Lasso of Truth with some carefully placed gold string, a teeny tiny, gold star on her costume, and the comic strip style lightning bolt, I also thought it fits in nicely with the Embellishment Challenge, too.

  


I have so many ideas for other cards to share with the sisterhood.  I cannot wait to make more!
Enjoyed this break from my Valentine extravaganza.


Have a SUPER weekend!

Other card details if you'd like to know...
Stamp sets from Unity Stamp Co (aforementioned sets, see above)
Papertrey Ink Zappy Birthday die and EK success speech bubble die 
Cardstock, various
Papertrey Ink Comic Strip Patterned Paper (a must have for your comic strip inspired crafts!)


7 comments:

  1. Absolutely awesome ... and oh so true

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a LOL card! And as Steph said, sadly true. :D Love the bold colours as well as your colouring of that icon! Thanks for joining in on the anniversary fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers! Looking forward to seeing more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool love the use of sentiment with this stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoooray!! I love that blogsters and commenters brought you to the sisterhood! Fab take on the I for Iconic and E for Embellishment challenges! Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers to help us celebrate our first blogiversary / birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it, and a perfect sentiment for several of my friends. That is cool on how you found us. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers anniversary challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so wanted to be "Diana Girl" growing up, and it seems that I will become like her with those hot flashes! We're so glad that you found and joined us! Thanks for playing along with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome welcome welcome! So glad that you found the Sisterhood! Your card is so damn funny, and oh so true!! LOL! Love the heroine stamp paired with that snarky sentiment! Thanks for joining in our anniversary fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!