Monday, January 12, 2015

The Perfect Fit? It can be hard to find...


I am going to do my best to get back into card challenges this year.  I really know they help me keep my stash of greetings fresh.  This year I found several challenges I want to follow. The first from the Card Challenges blog is chock full of inspiration using tools from one of my favorite companies, My Favorite Things.

I'm joining the MFT Sketch Challenge this week. Here's the sketch:
 I am ready for a break from shopping as I had both Christmas and birthdays to keep me busy (many December and January birthdays in the family).  I have a pretty big stash of returns to make, so I was inspired by both the sketch and my post-Christmas/pre-Valentine mood to make this card:


I used MFT's Comfy sweater die and Cozy Greetings stamp set, which are a perfect fit for my Sweater Weather paper from Lawn Fawn.   I think this makes a terrific Valentine that isn't overwhelming someone with a sea of pink and red.  
 
Next, I HAVE to link another favorite new creation with NBUS Challenge #3 , because after making this next card, my fun new dies won't be "new again," but I bet I'll be using it a lot in the future!
"Perfect Fit" was not on my side while shopping for husband's Christmas and birthday presents this year....  I am returning more than 3 pairs of shoes for him!!!  SO this theme inspires me to share a card that I made specifically for my husband and post for a second new challenge, Never Before Used Schuff.  I pulled out this terrific MFT die set for the first time to use for him.  I made these red high tops to look very much like the shoes he wore on our first date, oh so many years ago.  Oh how I love him, and these All Star High Tops... 
 
I used some adhesive backed metal sheet to make the grommets and even threaded a bit of string to give the shoes laces.  Gosh I love this die set. It took a VERY long time to get the pieces set perfectly, but it was worth it!
 
Happy crafting everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Hello, Katherine! Thanks for playing along with the MFT Challenge & Inspiration Blog. I just love BOTH of your cards, and your stories about shopping and returns are awesome. Hope to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cards Katherine! Love the designs! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your themed post and cards, Katherine, with the cozy sweater and the rocking red shoes! Now you've enabled me to make my Mt. NBUS even higher because I want both those dies! I don't think I could have grinned any bigger when I got to the part about your husband wearing red high tops on your first date!! What a fun guy he must be!! You must have fallen in love right on the spot!! I agree that all the work you put into the grommets and "laces" was so worth it!! Thank you very much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3! I hope to see you again soon and I hope you'll join my followers on my side bar, too. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!