Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Sentiment Says it All


My card challenge entry of the day is for the amazingly talented group over at The Paper Players.  


The featured Sentiment challenge has inspired me with more designs for the Valentine cards I'll be creating for my office. No, I don't send love cards to my co-workers, I just make many to sell for our department charity event.  Some people bake, I bring the calorie free cards.  
 
I'm thrilled when I see someone is excited to find the perfect card for their someone special from the variety of cards I make.   You can make a card with hearts, add glitter, maybe a cupid or something...but a Valentine greeting is not complete without the perfect sentiment!

The latest challenge is hosted by one of my favorite stampers, LeAnne.  She will create an amazing project, post it on her blog, and instantly I want to try the style, the technique, or buy whatever she used.  Without reading her blog, how would I ever have known my microwave could be an important tool in my crafts (you'll have to search her blog to find out why - hint - think scrunchy seam binding).  So, hi Players, and hi, LeAnne!  Thanks for letting me play along.

Other  card details should you be interested...
Stamps used:  Up & Away from The Alley Way Stamps, Borderettes from Stampin' Up!
Paper:  Stampin Up! DSP (retired I believe, sorry)
Ink:  Island Indigo from Stampin' Up! (and a Copic red marker for heart)
Cardstock: Real Red, Pool Party from Stampin' Up!
Dies:  Stampin Up! heart die, EK Success Circle Punch, Mama Elephant arrow



2 comments:

  1. Calorie free cards - another reason to love card-making :) This is such a fabulous Valentine card and that sentiment is just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katherine, you made my day!! Thank you for your sweet comments, you are a treasure! I just love this card...love that DSP, the heart, the sentiment, the colors, everything! I love your expression "calorie-free cards"!!! That's a perfect way to describe our creations! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!