Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Watercolor Birthday Wishes

 
 
I'm still on my Card Challenge binge and inspired to play with Happy Little Stampers watercoloring challenge. CAS is my favorite style, although I don't always find it easy to create...  I'm just too messy!  Watercolor speaks to me- it's perfect for someone who isn't great at keeping simple white space clean & tidy.
 
 Today I am sharing yet another Unity Stamp Co. Plenty of Pandas inspired card paired with Simon Says Stamps Better Together sentiments. 
 
 For the watercolor technique I tried, I simply scribbled some Faber Castell watercolor pencil colors on the paper then painted over with plain water. Easy peasy. Sometimes the mixing of the colors blended better than others, but I was happy with the soft look of this effort. I was anxious to finish the card.  I need to dry the watercolor paper a little more next time before adhering, but it has flattened out since I took the photo. 
 
I spent an afternoon simply playing with this watercolor technique.  Now I am set with a few prepared backgrounds that are ready to use!  I am blessed with a supply of quality watercolor paper that I inherited from my late father's artist supplies.  I feel like I honor his memory every time I pull out his supplies, although I'm far from the accomplished artist he was... sniff, sniff...sigh.
 
Other card deets...I popped up the main Wishing sentiment, panda and balloon and glued the twine just so to make sure the curvy string stays put.  
 
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Love this mix of colours for the background ... they work so perfectly together Katherine. I hope you'll stop by on Friday to see my next reminder card for the CAS Watercolouring challenge as you'll see I used the same combo. :) Love your sweet panda holding the balloon ... one adorable card! :)

    You are definitely honouring your father when you use the w/c paper and I'm sure he would love your beautiful creations. And it's nice that you can think of him when you are having fun creating

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your multi-coloured backgrouns is so pretty! What a gorgeous panda and balloon! How wonderful that you can still connect with your dad through art. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely soft background you've created Katherine! And I love that sweet image! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!