Sunday, February 8, 2015

Feminine and Floral

And now for something entirely different.  Last post was a manly-man card, so time to switch gears.

There is quite a blog party going on over at Papertrey Ink.  Lots of contests and inspiring projects.  The latest contest is a bit out of my comfort zone, but while I'm in the swing of love theme cards, I knew my set could not be complete without something flowery... so here it goes...


The lovely single rose was stamped using both stamp sets for PTI's Rosie Posie, the main image and coordinating detail stamp sets.  This was my first time using the Rosie Posie Step 2 set.  NBUS's Darnell should be so proud of me! With two contrasting colors, you can create a lovely flower.   I found it easiest to stamp the darker detail image first, then layer the lighter color solid flower image on top of that.  Stamping in that order gave me the best results.
 
The rest of my leafy bouquet was stamped using a lovely image from PTI's With Sympathy.  The sentiment is from another PTI stamp set, Heart Prints Sentiments.


This feminine floral card, with the light pink and green is not my usual style, so this was a really good contest to challenge my card making skills.  Just a few other deets...the stitched dies I used came from Lawn Fawn (circle) and Mama Elephant, Femme Frames.  I punched out a few extra leaves for added detail using the bird punch from Stampin' Up!

If you get a chance, stop by my other blog to tell me what style of cards and what style of blog you may prefer.  I started thinking it's time to refresh the look in the Craft-a-torium, so that goes for the blog, too!

Have a lovely evening, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. You are the one to come to for Valentine inspiration, Katherine!! I have enjoyed scrolling back through your posts and I love them all! I really love how you did the last two posts with awesome cards, first for the dudes and then here for the dudettes!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a soft lovely card. I just kept staring at it because it was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful! Your color and stamp choices for this card are spot on...it truly is a winner in my mind! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so girly and beautiful! I love the stitching and all of the layers!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!