Thursday, July 16, 2015

MFT Summer School - 10 Second Microwave Card


I am really enjoying My Favorite Things Summer School project.  

Print

I hope to get a chance to play more this weekend, but some scraps on my craft room table were calling to me tonight, insisting I at least pull one of the lessons out and give it a try.  Secondary colors were the theme on this post from MFT

Color theory is a terrific topic and one that I really need help with, but tonight's card was a chance for me to  learn another little card lesson.  This is where my microwave reference comes into the picture...

  I learned from my fellow craft bloggers about a terrific trick and I had to use it tonight.  Working with only scraps to achieve my green and orange color scheme meant limited supplies on hand. It is very important to get your layers adhered right when you only have a certain amount of a color you want to use available.  Well, in my haste, I totally goofed and had my papers lined up on the WRONG side of my card front.  OH no!  I didn't want to ruin the only bit of orange and lime green papers I had to work with... what do you do???

Answer:  Pop the card in the microwave for about 10 seconds.  The adhesive runner tape I used then became flexible enough that I could carefully peel off the layers, remove any sticky residue, then re-adhere correctly.  Whew! Card saved!

See you later for another lesson this weekend. Happy crafting everyone!


2 comments:

  1. This card is ADORABLE!! I love the soft green and orange together. And thank you for that tip about the microwave. I have never heard of it and will be sure to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet and I love the colors! Never thought of using the microwave!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!