Saturday, July 18, 2015

Time for an Upgrade


If you are a Doctor Who fan, then you may like this card I made for brother's birthday this year.  

Last year I made him a Doctor Who card that was inspired from one I saw on Pinterest.  
It was a simple card with the Tardis pictured on the front and the sentiment, "at least you're not as old as the Doctor!"    He LOVED the card so much, he requested from that moment on, if I'm to make him a card it needs to be a Doctor Who card.  So for Valentines Day I sent him my own Doctor Who theme creation with the old school K-9 robot dog on it with a cheesy saying..."Is it Valentine's Day already?" - K9 replies "Affirmative."  That card turned out to be a dud.  His reaction to my creation was simply, "I liked my birthday card better."... boo.  Oh well, older brothers can be hard to impress.

Anyway, his reaction to my Valentine made me try a little bit harder for this year's birthday.  Essentially I knew that my next card had to be better- upgraded to to speak.  Inspiration strikes- a Cyberman likes to do nothing but UPGRADE us humans!!!

I give credit to the internet for the images, but the sayings were my own.  Here is the interior sentiment I put on the card:


I am happy to report that this card did get a passing "hooray" from my brother, but he said he'll pass on the chance for an upgrade!  



1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so awesome! My oldest DD is a huge Dr fan!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!