Saturday, August 15, 2015

Christmas Sparkle in August


Excited to participate in the Happy Little Stampers challenge this week as I have had Christmas cards on my mind...  Now in the heat of August, deep in the dog days of summer, it feels refreshing to pull out the snowflakes and winter themed craft supplies.  Here's my creation for the challenge:



It is very difficult to try and capture the sparkle I sprayed with a mister on my card, but I tried photographing from several angles to try to demonstrate.  Here's the best view I was able to take showing the bits of sparkle on my card:



I used Mama Elephant Creative Cuts dies and Winter Wonderland stamp set for this card, a snowflake die from My Favorite Things, and wavy stitched border die from Avery Elle.  

Hope you are enjoying some Christmas crafting during this summer weekend, too.
Happy stamping everyone!






5 comments:

  1. Just lovely! Love the deer and the little scene you've created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, Katherine. What a gorgeous scene you have created. I have the same problem with photographing my sparkle too :( Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this snowy scene you've created ... so pretty! And I can see the bits of sparkle too. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scene! That red just pops - it's a perfect accent to the card. Your elements work perfectly together!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful winter scene! I really need to get going on my Christmas cards. Not too many in my stash right now...

    ReplyDelete

Love my craft buddy!

Love my craft buddy!
Dog's view of the Craft-a-torium!